Thu, Jul 28|
Zoom Interactive Meeting
Caring for You, Caring for Me.
You are not alone. Many women find themselves providing care to a loved one or friend when something unexpected happens, or through the natural progression of a health condition. Care is often not a choice but what is needed. Join IAWH's interactive education and support program to give "strong."
Time & Location
Jul 28, 2022, 6:00 PM – 8:15 PM EDT
Zoom Interactive Meeting
About the Event
Are you a family member, friend, relative, neighbor, or volunteer caregiver who currently, or in the future, provides care and assistance or support to people with physical illness or disabilities, developmental disabilities, mental illness, or addictive diseases?
Register to join the IAWH-hosted training, Caring for You, Caring for Me, a virtual education and support program (delivered via Zoom) developed by the Rosalynn Carter Institute (RCI) for Caregivers. You may want to join with a family member or friend to support your journey into caregiving - they learn right along with you.
Facilitated by Karen Marshall, a former caregiver and interventionist trained at RCI's Training Center for Excellence, the interactive series will cover the following topics:
- What It Means to Be a Caregiver
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Building Cooperative Relationships
- Preventing and Solving Caregiving Problems
- Accessing and Developing Resources to Support Care
Caring for You, Caring for Me is a series of five (5) interactive, evidence-informed workshops that meet virtually via Zoom from 6:00-8:15 pm EST, beginning Thursday, July 28, then Tuesdays and Thursdays through August 11, 2022. Attendees are registered to all occurrences and will get confirmation and reminder emails for each session.
Cost: $20 for all sessions (for this promotion only).
Session Dates (one-stop shop registration):
Thurs, July 28, 6:00-8:15 pm EST
Tues, August 2, 6:00-8:15 pm EST
Thurs, August 4, 6:00-8:15 pm EST
Tues, August 9, 6:00-8:15 pm EST
Thurs, August 11, 6:00-8:15 pm EST
Pre-registration Required: IAWH reserved 25 seats for these unique sessions that are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, so please register as soon as possible.
- There are 25 seats available, and registration will close by July 25th or when we fill all seats - whichever comes first.
- Participant interaction is an essential part of the program. Due to the nature and structure of each session, recordings and make-up sessions are unavailable if a participant misses a session. We cannot offer refunds.
- By selecting to register, you submit your information to the IAWH, who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and our other services for women.
Caring for You, Caring for Me
+$0.50 service fee
+$0.50 service fee0