“Becoming” Together, in Blue: A Seasonal Happy Hour with a Women’s Health Focus
Time & Location
About the Event
Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” has received worldwide praise - it was the best-selling hardcover book of 2018, and is still a much-talked-about masterwork. The IAWH staff read it, but we never found the right time to talk about it. How about you? Have you read it? If so, how many “I didn’t know that” moments did you have? What did you think of it? What part(s) of the book impacted you the most? What can Michelle Obama’s story teach us as women about our physical and psychological wellness and the prioritization of self-care? If you haven’t read (or listened) to the book perhaps you need an incentive. READ ON to learn what IAWH is up to on Friday, December 4th from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. ET.
As part of our effort to keep us socially connected throughout this time of year, we’re hosting an online “Becoming” Together in Blue Zoom chat led by Janine and Cheryl, co-executive directors of IAWH. The book details events of Michelle Obama’s life Before, During, and After becoming the First Lady of the United States, and is deeply reflective, honest, open, and encouraging – the makings for a lot of chatting between us! We’re asking that you consider wearing a light blue tee-shirt, scarf, or whatever when you join us – as it signifies unity, tranquility, and represents the background color of the book.
We invite you to register for the event, get a copy of the book, and read or listen to it (no pressure to know this book from cover-to-cover - this is not a book club) and then join us online. The goal of Becoming Together in Blue is to bring us a bit closer as part of IAWH’s celebratory wrap-up of 2020 – we hope that in the process, you’ll get to know us a little better, and we get to know you even more. We’re excited about the opportunity to bring all of us together in one place to talk about women’s empowerment, health, wellness, and “Becoming” before the new year!
Here’s how to PARTICIPATE:
· Step 1: Register to join IAWH here. Pssst, invite a friend
· Step 2: If you don't already have the book you may want to order the book “Becoming” from our AmazonSmile shop. Note: Amazon will make a small donation to the Institute for the Advancement of Women’s Health every time you shop using our code: Click here: smile.amazon.com/ch/83-1776207 to place your order
· Step 3: Find a light blue tee-shirt, scarf, cap, or whatever to “represent”
· Step 4: Read and/or review “Becoming, and
· Join us on December 4th from 7 pm – 9 pm. Bring your own cocktail, alkaline water, and snacks.
We look forward to seeing you there. Email Janine or Cheryl if you have questions (or just to say, “Hello” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Becoming Together in Blue$0$00$0